Content Management | Production | Strategy
+ Writing | Editing
I was the creative director and managing editor at Now.Space, an online magazine for space and astronomy news.
Mongabay.com publishes news and information on tropical forests and related topics. Mongabay.com seeks to raise interest in and appreciation of wild lands and wildlife, while examining the impact of emerging trends in climate, technology, economics, and finance on conservation and development.
- Scientists urge U.S. to honor restoration commitment in Hawaii
- Researchers, locals work together to save Ethiopia’s ‘church forests’
- Your name here: auctioning the naming rights to new species to fund conservation
- Time for a checkup: researchers examine the health of lowland tapirs
- Tropical soundscapes offer clues to forest and animal community health
- Local people are not the enemy: real conservation from the frontlines
- Low crop prices means time is ripe for new forest protection programs
- A weed by any other name: remnant shrubs and trees play vital role in regenerating forests
- Termites suffer in logged forests and palm oil plantations
Microbial Ecology Research | Writing
My passion for tropical forest conservation was ignited after witnessing the outcome of massive deforestation in Southeast Asia. This inspired me to major in Environmental Biology at Columbia University and to make soil microbial communities within Malaysian oil palm plantations the focus of my research.
- Simultaneous analysis of fungal and bacterial composition across a soil edaphic gradient in Southeast Asian dipterocarp rain forest
- Responses of Soil Fungi to Logging and Oil Palm Agriculture in Southeast Asian Tropical Forests
- Evaluating the Impact of Oil Palm Agriculture and Logging on Soil Microbial Communities in South-east Asia